Billed as a buyers club for beauty addicts, Beauty Pie has attracted a lot of hype by giving members backdoor access to luxury products from many of the world’s leading cosmetic and skincare suppliers at incredible prices, removing the 1000% mark-up usually added in the industry.
The luxury beauty market is worth more than $116 billion and the buying power of consumers in this industry continues to grow. Beauty Pie was set up by Marcia Kilgore, a Canadian-born serial beauty entrepreneur who has a proven track record of building successful companies such as Soap & Glory and Bliss. Marcia has stated that her aim was to build a company that was completely transparent to customers, getting the best possible products and building loyalty without adding unnecessary pricing mark-ups for marketing and retailers.
The products themselves have been getting brilliant reviews and are made using high-quality ingredients in the same factories as leading luxury beauty brands. There is a serious range of skincare products available, including those containing super hero ingredients such as retinol and Vitamin C. For an idea of the selection available, these are some of the site’s best selling skin care products:
1. Super Healthy Skin Daily Vitamin C Defense Serum: Typical Price $100/£80, Member Price: $11.35/£9.72. The antioxidants found in this serum pack a punch and can help protect skin from pollution, improve radiance and boost hydration.
2. Plantastic Micropeeling Super Drops: Typical Price $60/£50, Member Price: $8.67/£7.62. Great for battling breakouts, these drops refine pores, exfoliate and are a great option for use instead of your regular toner.
3. Super Retinol Ceramide-Boost Anti-Aging Face Serum: Typical Price $100/£80, Member Price: $8.67/£8.59. Retinol increases collagen production and is hailed as something of a miracle product for reducing the appearance of fine lines and improving skin’s tone. This serum also contains moisturising hyaluronic acid, to help combat the adjustment period as your skin gets used to the retinol.
The make-up range is also extensive, includes accessories and has fantastic reviews, with many consumers drawing comparisons between the products and some well-known brands. These are a sample of make-up products available:
1. Everyday Great Skin Foundation: Typical Price $44/£30, Member Price: $7.74/£6.67. Available in a huge range of shades, this is a lightweight foundation which offers a matte, long lasting finish.
2. One Powder Wonder: Typical Price $30/£26, Member Price: $6.25/£5:40. Ultra-light, invisible finish powder which is buildable, boosts radiance and hides shine.
3. Uber Volume Boost Mascara: Typical Price $24/£20, Member Price: $3.88/£3.36. Volumizing, lengthening and thickening, all the performance you could want from a mascara at an amazing price.
In addition to extensive skincare and make-up ranges, there are also fragrance and candle collections which have attracted great reviews. While fragrance is a very personal choice and your favourites can’t be replicated, at these prices the range is worth a try! We also hear that a haircare launch is the next step for the company, so keep an eye out for that.
Overall, there’s a lot of fun to be had looking through the site, making comparisons to your usual products and picking out which to try first! It’s encouraging to see Beauty Pie prioritise the consumer by seeking to provide luxury products on a more accessible basis and disrupting the industry with great success.