It’s almost August and so far, it’s all about pretty beaches, yummy barbecues and fun picnics! But you didn’t save up all that vacation time just for a few moments by the pool. You finally decided to take the jump and book your flight to your ultimate dream destination: Europe! Next question? What do I pack?
Well, look no further. We have you covered from essentials to things you may not think about!
Let’s start with the basics, shall we? You have two choices: A wheeled suitcase or a travel backpack.
They both have their own pros and cons but ultimately, it depends on what’s best for you. A wheeled suitcase can be difficult to move in Europe’s signature cobblestone streets and long-winded staircases. But on the other hand, your back will thank you later. You’re also better organized with a soft-shell case that can store your hair tools that you probably won’t end up using! A backpack with lots of pockets and compartments can be easier to carry around and is perfect for carrying out your essentials, because you never know when you’ll need a portable straightening iron!
When it comes to clothes, pack layers. Here are the essentials to bring on a trip:
- Cardigans: Make sure to bring a lot of cardigans that you can simply throw over t-shirts if it gets chilly in the evenings. Bring a versatile dress that could be styled with cardigans and denim jackets. Versatile pieces are the goal – you want to pack as little as possible, but pieces that can be styled over and over.
- Comfy Jeans: Another important thing to remember, is to bring one pair of comfy jeans because you can never go wrong with a t-shirt and jeans — or a pretty blouse and jeans if you’re looking to go dressier.
- Comfy Shoes: Don’t forget comfortable shoes for daytime walking, and a pair of cute ballet flats in the evening. Keep in mind, most of the streets are cobblestone, but you can still dress comfortably without sacrificing style.
- Swimwear: As for swim wear, one cute piece with a pretty cover up should do the trick, but it ultimately depends how many beaches you decide to visit and the number of “ootd” bikini shots you’re going to post!
- Leggings: these can be a girl’s best friend and ultimately can be paired with just about anything. You can dress them up, dress them down, pair them with sneakers, flats and heels. It you can also create an entirely new look simply by pairing leggings with a dress, adding a denim jacket and finishing the look with flats.